Situation-Specific Manorexia Nervosa

Jared and Tyler have some really great friends, so we're very lucky in this regard. The way I see it, we're also lucky that hardly a weekend goes by that doesn't include one of more of these great guys sleeping in the basement and making themselves at home. They play video games, watch movies, and eat ridiculous amounts of food.

The one notable exception is Jared's pal Cal. Cal never eats anything.

Not because he doesn't eat in general, because I'm sure he does. He's a tall fellow with enormous feet and a Varsity football letter. I should say he never eats anything at my house, because he normally noshes on rice cakes and turkey breast and drinks soy milk, none of which normally make it to my grocery list. Given enough notice of his arrival, I could stock up on these items, but the visits are usually pretty spontaneous. Since he eats in general but not at my house, I have coined the name of a new disorder...Situation-Specific Manorexia Nervosa. I added the "Nervosa" for myself, because it makes me so damn nervous.

Yes, folks, that's what I do with that expensive partial doctorate in Clinical Psychology...I make up fake disorders to describe teenage behavior. As if all teenage behavior isn't at least a little bit strange.

4 comments:

Debbie (Emma's mom) said...

You are truly our 'Erma Bombeck'...love the stories you tell. Thanks for the giggles and smiles.

Addie said...

Oh Debbie, what an incredible compliment! I'm so glad you enjoy my stories...thank YOU for the smile. :-)

Addie

Maria Peters said...

partial doctorate in clinical psychology?????? Oh, I love you more!

Leslie said...

That's my girl. You are a ray of sunshine in my life Lori. Keep on smiling. Mom