A Little Suggestion

Please excuse this interruption of our regularly-scheduled frivolity. Once total mind-control has been achieved, you will be returned to your regular lives. Although you will feel compelled to do exactly as I command, you will be totally unaware of the suggestion imparted in this post.

Imagine yourself for a moment in a happy, warm, and comfortable place such as a book store or public library. You notice that you are very relaxed, and a bit sleepy in this environment. All around you, you notice people are reading Fair Tax: The Truth by Neal Boortz, and they are smiling contentedly as they begin to understand the simple principles. As you read this, you will notice that you're becoming more sleepy by the moment. Your eyelids are becoming heavier and heavier, and as you drift off into a twilight state, your singleminded intention is to learn all you can about the Fair Tax. You must educate yourself about the Fair Tax. The Fair Tax is your friend. Take a few moments to revel in your new sense of closeness with the Fair Tax.

Now you will begin returning to the present time and place. As your consciousness reawakens to your physical environment, you may feel compelled to read and explore some new ideas. This is a healthy response and such inpulses should be heeded as soon as possible.

You're welcome.

5 comments:

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

You are too funny! You already know I love the Fair Tax idea. I want illegals, drug dealers, and bank robbers to have to pay taxes and the Fair Tax is the only way to do it.

Jen

Addie said...

I know you're on board, and you're absolutely right, something is wrong with the system when regular people have pay through the nose and criminals, illegals and hookers are, well, off the hook!

Addie

bosslady said...

Woo Hoo! Gotta love my Libertarian minded buddies!! I'm all for the Fair Tax and have been for years.

Zan said...

I don't understand what's not to like about the Fair Tax. Everyone who buys stuff pays tax and it encourages savings. It's not regressive since I believe things like food and medicine are exempted. Oops, do I hear objections from the tax prep industry?

Addie - I love your posts, you manage to talk about serious issues and say what you believe while interjecting humor. When I try, I just come off sounding preachy.

Addie said...

Thanks, Zan, what a great compliment! I loved your post about getting out to vote, not preachy at all, and right on target.

Bosslady, good to see you in the voting line-up today. I clocked in at 1 hour, 40 minutes, so I hope you got through a little faster than I did!