A Steaming Bag of Coffee

I understand that I, myself, harbor some strange ideas. Some examples:
  • I would never pick prime numbers on a lottery ticket.
  • I think sneezing is fun.
  • It bothers me that my municipal water is fluoridated without my permission.

For obvious reasons, I'm usually pretty sympathetic to strange ideas and do my best to understand them, but I've got to say, this has me stumped.

Burger King serves its coffee in a paper bag. They take a full cup of coffee, place it in a bag, and hand it to the customer. Like your coffee black? It doesn't matter...it's still in a bag.

Strange, isn't it?

3 comments:

Maria Peters said...

Very odd.

I used to work at Burger King when I was 15...(my first job, awwww)

I have to confess that I liked to fill men's sodas up to the tippy top, so when they put them between their legs....ooopsie daisy!

But I don't get the bag gig...

bosslady said...

I think the real question here is why on earth would you order coffee at BK when Starbucks is right across the street? But none the less, putting a hot coffee in a paper bag is pretty silly, wtf?

Addie said...

Maria, I have to wonder how many times you made someone explain WHY it looked like he'd wet his pants. That's such a hoot!

Oh Ash, I can't go to that Starbucks anyone. Once one of their baristas was rude to me, so I wrote that in my notebook of unforgivable offenses (just kidding - NO, I don't REALLY have one!), and now I shall darken their door nevermore. Now my favorite coffee shop is Get Coffee anyway - if you haven't already, try the cafe au lait. :-)