Active Vocabulary

Now that I’ve tackled (some of) the filing, time for a little fun.

I love words: saying them, writing them, and playing with their meanings. I especially love gathering up funny words and phrases and incorporating them into my active vocabulary. Here’s a little list for your consideration.

Some of these require a little explanation:

Plastirondack / Polyrondack – Either of these refer to those plastic lawn chairs made to look like the classic Adirondack chair. I coined these myself, and I'm damn proud of it.

Totstitution – The unfortunately-prevalent practice of a parent dressing a little girl so that she looks like Lindsay Lohan between rehab stints. The child then looks like a Prostitot.

Meat Wings – This one is G’s creation. If your triceps flap like the wings of pterodactyl when you wave, then you, my dear, have meat wings.

Hail Damage – Cellulite, usually found with meat wings.

Fartin’ Through Silk – If you do this, you probably have a lot of money. You also definitely have gas.

Disgustalicious - Like school cafeteria burritos. Sort of gross, yet irresistable.

Romancing the Stones - That's what I call it when guys spend an inordinate amount of time, um, adjusting themselves. Also known as Pocket Pool.

Others are self explanatory:

The meat is for the man, the bone is for the dog.

Infotainment

Enthusivasm

Motivism

Kickin’ Like Kung Fu

Beauteous Maximus

Sweater Puppets / Fun Bags

Two are dorky business jargon:

Low hanging fruit (sounds dirty, but really isn't)

Closest to the money

So, what are your favorite phrases?

2 comments:

bosslady said...

Gorgeena (gorgeous)
That's ridicle-dackle (ridiculous)
you are crazytown.com! (you're nuts)
...and so much more!

Addie said...

I knew you'd have some great phrases! :-)