The Coffin Project

For the last 3 weeks, G has been constructing a full size coffin in front of our house. I'm not worried, though, since I know this is destined to be a Halloween party prop, and a very central one at that: the beverage cooler.

Sure, it's morbid, but G is just about tickled to death with this creation (pardon the pun, if it's at all possible!), and it really is turning out well. It's the old-time style you'd see in cowboy movies with the shoulders being the widest point. I'll post pictures when it's done.

In any case, I wonder if anyone at Lowe's overheard us discussing his plans for working on the coffin today. If they did, they probably thought they were in the presence of the ultimate do-it-yourselfer when G said,

"This afternoon I really need to spend some time sanding and painting my coffin. I wish I knew how to do airbrush paint finishes, because I really want it to be cool."

3 comments:

Zan said...

We want to see pics!!! Or maybe not - my imagination is having a ball conjuring up images of your yard art :-)!!

bosslady said...

ha! I heart him.

Addie said...

I'll definitely post some pics as soon as I the "masterpiece" is done. G has even offered to take my picture in it once I have my costume on, which is sort of weird but I may take him up on it. He's like a big kid with kick-butt carpentry skills, so it's really turning out great.