Once You Go Black

Oh boy. I’ve really done it now.

I mentioned in an earlier post that G & I are attending a Halloween party as Mr. & Mrs. Herman Munster, and it’s a great big deal. We’ve got costumes, we’ve tested makeup, and I’ve purchased a long black wig. It’s all at least moderately convincing, which is important.

What WASN’T convincing was a series of tufts of reddish brown hair that showed around the hairline of my fabulous showgirl wig. That being the case, I did what any right-thinking suburban Mom and professional would do…using a “semi-permanent” hair color, I dyed my own hair black to really crank up the authenticity by camoflaging those character-busting tufts.

Big mistake. Big, fat hairy mistake.

Why? Because black dye, EVEN the kind that’s supposed to wash out after X number of shampoos, is very tenacious. I found this out, of course, AFTER the ill-fated dye job. I’ve also heard from several people and confirmed via Google that I’m now probably destined to rock this look until it grows out completely. Not only is it tenacious, it’s virtually impossible re-dye. Perhaps I’ve been confused; I’ve always thought that old saw about “never going back” referred to something else entirely.

I have to ask myself, “What next, a lip piercing? Press-on nails? Beer from a can?” I never cease to amaze and amuse myself.

Stay tuned for more lapses in taste and judgment!

5 comments:

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

I'd like to see a picture of this :-). At least your hair is short.....mine would take forever to grow out.

Jen

Maria Peters said...

ok...so show us the pic.

christie said...

WE NEED PICTURES!!! At least when I when from dish water blonde to platnuim blonde, it was easy to correct - lesson learned: never buy hair dye after happy hour!

KF-in-Georgia said...

Good golly, Goth Addie?

Kevin said...

Please, please make with the picture. The world wants to know!