A Slow News Week

It's been another slow news week for the blog, so I'm sharing this picture that never fails to make me laugh. If you sing that old Anita Ward disco song Ring My Bell, it makes it even better.

In other news, G did get the trash heap of a car rolling again. The clock keeps resetting to 12:00 like a Satan-possessed BetaMax VCR, but hey, I can take the kids to school - whoopee!!

On another note, Hoover has gained a little weight now after the addition of a couple of extra chicken backs and peanut butter. Now that I think of it, that bite of G probably helped, too. Bruno, on the other hand, is still a perfect gentleman - the Abbott to Hoover's Costello, if you will. Wow...cutting edge comedy reference! What am I, ninety?

Anyway, the next couple of weeks promise to be much more interesting, so don't give up hope yet. Seriously, G's family is getting together for his Dad's surprise birthday party on the 15th, which promises comedy gold. Not to mention the drama that's sure to ensue as contentious factions of the clan from across the country join in forced merriment to wish my dear FIL a very happy 60th. Over Thanksgiving my brother Kevin and my Mom are coming to visit, so you can anticipate at least a little PUI (posting under the influence) as we party our way through that week.

One last note: I don't know where this picture came from (no, it's not my doorbell!), or I'd gladly give credit here. If you happen to know, please give me a shout.

CORRECTION/EDIT/RETRACTION: The car is dead again. It WAS running for almost 20 hours, and that might just be a record!

4 comments:

Patti said...

That picture is hysterical! I need to send it to my Dad and suggest he make himself such a doorbell ringer with his next kill. Yes, he's an avid deer hunter. I bet though, that he never thought to use the rump in such a manner! Too funny!

Stephen said...

Ah, the ever infamous family gathering, complete with warring parties. Can't wait!

BTW - clock resets are hardly possession-quality traits. Try this on: Dad walks out to Jeep Grand Cherokee. Lights are on. Dad says, "Turn your lights off". Lights turn off. They drive a Toyota now...

bosslady said...

Did you just say that your mom was coming? How'd you manage to get her out of the house?!?!

Addie said...

Patti, I hope your Dad does this. I think it adds a real touch of class!

Stephen, my crazy car sounds nowhere near as possessed as that Jeep!

Bosslady, I know, I'm so excited that Mom's going to make the trip. I lured her out with my charm and personality! :-)