Updates on Nothing in Particular

It’s been a slow here on Addie-Tude, I know. Who wants to hear my excuses?

No takers, huh? Good!

In any case, it’s been a busy weekend and a hectic beginning of the week, and I haven’t had too much interesting news to report, but in the spirit of full disclosure, I hereby present my Updates on Nothing in Particular.

The Cell Phone Upgrade: I finally made the determination that it was time to ditch my old pink RAZR cell phone, which I’ve had for several years, so we took a little trip over to the store and picked up a new model, and this time I’m rocking a smaller purple Motorola model. I can’t text message for sh*t on this phone, but I guess it’s a small detail, just don’t send me any text messages, because I can’t figure out how to work what I’m informed is “T9”. T9 really, really blows.

The Greyhound Gala: G and I attended this shindig on Saturday night, and it was a great dinner at Blackstone Steakhouse. We had a great time, and I had a fantastic beef tenderloin and key lime pie, and G had entrée envy after tasting my steak and noting that his prime rib was fattier. Isn’t the definition of prime rib a “plate full of fat”? I throw up in my mouth a little just thinking about it.

Work Stuff: I have a million things to finish before the end of the year, not the least of which is my self-assessment for my performance review. I’d rather gargle broken glass. Things in general have been tense around my virtual water cooler, to the extent that one of my colleagues emailed me to ask if the company offers anger management classes. That about sums it up, folks. Tomorrow I’ll be making a rare appearance at the office for the annual Holiday Potluck and Secret Santa exchange, so let the forced merriment commence!

Holiday Shopping: We made some excellent progress on this front over the weekend, and even went a little nuts buying gifts for the dogs. Somehow a stop at Petsmart for treats spiraled into free-for-all of toy and stocking stuffer purchases that cost way more than it should have. All I can say is that we’re officially crazy dog people, and we should have a couple of happy ho-ho-hounds on our hands on Christmas day.

Assorted Things That Are Harshing My Mellow: Mass hysteria about the economy. Auto Company Bailouts. Cold weather. Skinny jeans. Otto Von Crapp. Sophomore Science Project. Junk mail.

Random Things I’m Liking: Christmas trees. Cheap gas. Firefly Sweet Tea Infused Vodka. Raindrops on roses. Whiskers on kittens. Doorbells and sleigh bells and warm woolen mittens. Just kidding on those last few…I just wanted to get that song stuck in your head.

Did it work?

7 comments:

Zan said...

Addie- you completely crack me up!!

Glad the Gala went well. I'm, sorry I missed it. Next year - I promise.


Did I hear Science Project? Just hearing the word makes my blood pressure go up. Let me know if you need the secret to easy construction of a heat engine that doesn't blow up - at least so far :-0!

Maria Peters said...

Well, I for one, am glad that you posted. I laughed when I read "I throw up in my mouth a little". Love it. LOL

Poolie said...

Your blog is always a source of entertainment.

Thanks for Nothing in Particular... ha, I crack myself up. :-)

MARIGOLD 'emily' said...

oh, thank you. now that song is, in fact, stuck in my head. lovely.

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Actually, our hubbies ate fatty ribeye steaks.... except that mine ate all the fat. At least yours trimmed it off.

Jen

Leslie said...

Finally, I have missed your musings !
Wanna talk about cold.... our high was 29 yesterday and it is 20 right now.

Glad the hounds are going to have a merry Christmas, I hope everyone else is, too.
My v. word is "deculaep" I hope you don't freeze your deculaep off. Whereever that I might be !!

bosslady said...

Yummmm, tea infused vodka. I wansome!

note: word verification is 'pringsy'. sounds like a tiny-dog name.