Holiday Updates

I'd be remiss if I didn't start this post by wishing you all slightly belated Happy AlcoHol-idays. Yesterday was my one and only day off work, and I've been struggling to finish all my work objectives for the year, hence the belatedness.

That said, yesterday was fantastic. Here at Casa d'Addie, we've eaten, drank, and made merry until we could take no more. I hope your celebrations have been as much fun as ours.

Let me direct your attention to the picture here, which is one of Garrett's gifts to me. I know it's hard to see exactly what this is, but these are four canvases with the same portrait of our departed buddy, Cosmo, rendered in the pop art Andy Warhol style. I intend to hang them in a square, most likely in my bedroom or office, and I couldn't have been more touched by his thoughtful, labor-intensive gift.

Please take a moment to envision me in a red floor length evening gown singing that Salt N Pepa featuring En Vogue classic, What a Man. That's for you, G!

In other news, this was Bruno & Hoover's first Christmas with us, and I think they'll be looking forward to next year. Santa didn't forget to fill their stockings, and he left them each load of toys (Kong Wubba, long Kong tennis ball retriever, and stuffies) and they got a candy-cane shaped rawhide. For dinner they had a whole turkey neck, an apple, and a bite of roast beef, all of which was well-received.

The human boys seemed to enjoy themselves as well, and Santa was pretty good to them, too. Tyler got an Airsoft gun and 20,000 of the little pellets that are the ammo, and Jared enjoyed playing his electric guitar with his new special effects pedal thingie.

Aside from the lovely merchandise, perhaps the highlight of the day was playing Rock Band with the in-laws (which was preceded by loads of liquid refreshment, by the way). There's just something indescribably amazing about watching my MIL sing Hungry Like The Wolf while my FIL played guitar. You truly had to be there, and I wish you had been.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

The pictures of Cosmo are wonderful and only Garrett would have thought of doing that for you ! Boy, what a sight your mil and fil singing with the Rock Band. You must have poured the booze into them with a funnel ;*0..
To get them do do that. Glad you all had a great day, thanks, for calling. Give my love to all.
V. word..tramt ??

Alex said...

A belated Merry Christmas to you too, Addie.
" Jared enjoyed playing his electric guitar with his new special effects pedal thingie."-
I am guessing that is the technical term- lol.
Speaking of technical terms, I am also guessing that Leslie's v. word "Tramt" is defined as what happens when you pour said "liquid refreshments" down a lady's throat with a funnel, her virtue is compromised, and- She is "tramt". Right?

Leslie said...

Alex, you are one smart Chic !!

V words says it all some days. I will rustle up some more V. words for tomorrow. The word for this comment is prese.
Are there no more prese uunder the tree ? I am running out of steam here, girls. Hugs to you both.