The Day After

Well, it’s the day after Christmas, and I’m reasonably sure that I’m the only person in the universe (or the corporate world, which is one of the planets I live on) who’s working today. As proof, I submit the fact that I’ve received three emails in my work inbox: One from Dell, offering special deals on laptops, another from Expedia, offering special deals on travel, and the last was a forwarded joke from a relative. Oh yeah, my company is hopping today.

Anyway, as I mentioned in the previous post, I’m working on knocking out some of my end-of-year objectives, one of which is writing a user manual for a proprietary software system. Forgive me if this doesn’t bring the juices of my passions to a boil. I’m barely managing a simmer over here. Very Barely.

See what this does for you:

To add an evaluation to the profile, navigate to the Evaluations section by either scrolling down, or select “Change View” from the right navigation bar. Once you click “Add Evaluation”, the form will launch, allowing you to document the activity completely and in compliance with best practices.

Oh yeah, this one is a real page-turner. Honestly, I’m thinking of navigating over to Gilly’s, scrolling on over to the pool table, and clicking some billiards with a pool cue.

4 comments:

Maria Peters said...

Happy Howlidays to you and yours! Your training manual sounds INTRIGUING. I bet this is one of those writing projects where you get inspiration in the shower, and have to run naked and dripping to the keyboard. LOL.

I've written scripts about key-less chucks...now that was a best seller!

Anonymous said...

But, it is Friday. So, hope you are going to enjoy the rest of the weekend with some R/R!
I would wish you hot chocolate with marshmellows and a cozy fireplace. However, tomorrow might be a record high day as far as the weather!!! Ain't it great???

Stephen said...

Thanks a lot.... Here I was expecting a riveting report and all I got was a mild concussion when I fell asleep and slammed my head on the laptop....

Zan said...

I must admit to reading the rest of the post and skimming (I mean skipping) the excerpt from your manual. Sorry, I now it was riveting.

Love your new Cosmo art. G outdid himself. What a special gift!!!