Creative Mortgage Financing

Well, folks, the time has come for me to throw my mortgage company under the proverbial bus. I'd hoped it wouldn't come to this.

You see, I have my mortgage through Countrywide, and every month on the first, I send them a payment. Everyone is on the same page, and everyone's satisfied with the arrangement. Pretty simple, right?

You'd think it would also be self-explanatory that when the trophy shop completes an order for Countrywide Mortgage, that we'd get paid. On time. In full. Without incident.

Now, if I had declined to pay my mortgage since May of 2008, I'm confident that right now I'd be out on my ass wearing a barrel on suspenders in lieu of legitimate housing. Frankly, I'm miffed that Countrywide has failed to pay the $94.80 that is now 200+ days past due, and I'm considering my options.

Here's my idea: I'm considering calling Countrywide customer service and explaining to them that I'm going to be paying $94.80 less on my February mortgage payment. I'd offer to fax them the ancient invoice, and politely tell them that I'm even willing to waive the late fee.

Where the hell is a video camera when you need one? Wouldn't that be a great YouTube video?

3 comments:

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

How annoying! I have a Countrywide Mortgage also!

Jen

Zan said...

Big companies figure they can pay the little guy pretty much whenever they feel like it. Mortgage rates are at historic lows so......

Michelle said...

Yep, it's funny how that works, isn't it. When they owe you monies.....well, they will get to it eventually or maybe they are hoping you will forget or let it slide. I like the idea of sending them less for the Feb. payment.
Good luck!!! =)