Bruno's Special Day

I'd be a terrible hound Mom if I didn't take a time out to wish my boy Bruno a happy Gotcha Day. In some ways it's hard to believe a year has already passed since he joined our family, and in other ways it feels like we've had him forever.

When he first came to us, I'd heard from lots of sources that it really takes a year for a retired greyhound's real personality to emerge, and I know that's true of this special guy. Last year, I probably would have described him as aloof, quiet, confident, and gentle, especially in his first few months. He's come out of his shell steadily throughout the year, and he's become an outgoing, playful, and cuddly guy, and I couldn't imagine our lives without him. As a first exposure to greyhounds, Bruno sets the bar pretty high.

Happy Gotcha Day, Mr. B!

9 comments:

Leslie said...

Mr. B you are a "Dreamboat", just a quick note to say, "Granny Loves You." I wonder if my V. word means anything to this post or not ? It is puddl ???

Give my love to your family. You are a "Special" bunch ~~~~~

bosslady said...

Awww! Love that Bruno. Lovin' the ice on your page, btw.

ash

Alex said...

Happy Gotcha day Bruno!
What kind of cake is your "mom" going to make?
I'm loving the "blog bling" too.

Zan said...

Happy Gotcha Day big guy!!

Poolie said...

Happy belated Gotcha Day Mr B. I'm sure your mom did something special for you.

I know exactly what you mean about only being a year but feels like forever. It was just two short years ago when we got Drew, our first - now it's hard to remember what the house was like without them :-)

Addie said...

Bruno is pleased to report that he celebrated his Gotcha Day with steak! Hoover had some, too, although I don't think Bruno would have shared it given the choice. :-)

Addie

Life With Dogs said...

And each one that follows sets the bar higher. They are that good.

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful coat you've got bruno!!

to many more fun years,
maui the white mini schnauzer

Addie said...

Hey Maui, I just saw your picture on your Mom's blog, and I hope it's not too forward if I say you're a real hottie. Hubba hubba!

Bruno