My Trove of Dirty Secrets

Ok, so it's only really an iPod, but it's not altogether untrue, and it's definitely a more provocative title. Lots of us have iPods, and I'm willing to bet there are more than a few dirty secrets in them.

You know what I mean; I'm talking about the songs you love, but you feel stupid admitting it. Well, I will hide my shame no more. I hereby declare that the following songs are either currently on my top rated play list, or they are on my list of "must download" tunes. I've listed them here in the order of least embarrassing to "I-Can't Freakin'-Believe-I'm-Admitting-This".

  • Fergielicious by Fergie

  • My Humps by Black Eyed Peas

  • It Takes 2 To Make a Thing Go Right by Rob Base

  • Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler

  • Hold On by Wilson Phillips

  • Afternoon Delight by Starlight Vocal Band

So, there you have it. Are we still friends?

7 comments:

Patti said...

Too funny. You're much braver than I am! I have a Zune and have such a variety it'll make your head spin. Anything from Frank Sinatra (yes, I love him!) to Pink Floyd (yes, I love them!). Hey, one advantage that I see is that we should be able to spark a conversation with just about anyone!

bosslady said...

Dude. Total Eclipse of the Heart? I can feel the wheels under my roller skates turning to that one.

Addie said...

Patti, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with eclectic taste. I love Sinatra, too, especially some holiday songs I have on a CD called Christmas with the Rat Pack. I'll never agree, though, that I'm braver than you are; I have the calendar to prove it!

Ash, I know, Total Eclipse is SO corny, but I love that song. Once I sang it so loud in my car that I gave myself a headache and had to go to bed. Try calling in sick with that one!

christie said...

I'm totally a closet Neil Diamond fan - there I said it out loud - at least on the internet anyways. Sweet Caroline, Cracklin' Rose, I am I Said. My mom had the 8 tracks, so I would listen to those.
That's my dirty little music secret.

Addie said...

Neil Diamond...fantastic! Throw in some John Denver and you've got yourself a party, and I'll bring the snacks.

Maria Peters said...

Hee hee! Thanks for comin'clean and giving the rest of us permission to spill our iPods...mine has a crazy mix of Def Leppard, James Taylor, Godsmack, bluegrass and Lionel Richie (ooo...that hurt to tell! I love "Ballerina Girl"...must be something to do with wanting a father's love or somethin'!) I also love "funkytown" but, not so much after it was Shrek-ified.
But, ok, so where's the "Bread" on your list???????

Addie said...

Oh Maria, I could NEVER have a comprehensive list here, but I just realized that I do need to add some Meatloaf to my iPod. :-) Not the sirloin & breadcrumbs kind, the Paradise by the Dashboard Lights kind! I'm dying laughing about the Lionel Richie, and my favorite non-Commodores tune of his has to be "Hello", mainly because singing it makes me laugh while I pull out all the stops to make my performance suitably desperate. Thanks to everyone who shared...you guys ROCK!