Domestically Disinclined

A couple of years ago, Garrett gave me a coffee mug bearing the slogan “domestically disabled”, and it’s not entirely accurate, although the end result is the same. It’s not that I can’t PERFORM routine household tasks, it more that I can’t BRING MYSELF to do them. A few examples: the mountain of laundry that awaits me downstairs, the dining room floor that needs to be mopped, and the windows that need to be cleaned. Maybe it would be more accurate to say I'm "domestically disinclined".

I don’t know how our mothers and grandmothers did it; cleaning all day, taking care of kids, whipping up tuna casseroles, and maintaining a perfectly coiffed head of roller set curls would have made me crazy. If I had my way, I’d have a housekeeper, a landscaping crew, a chef/sommelier, and a masseur.

Well, a girl can dream, can’t she?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm telling you girl...you ought to write a funny book..ala "erma Bombeck" or possibly Ellen D. You really do have a keen comic sense. I'm just sayin

D

Addie said...

Check's in the mail, sweetheart! Seriously, thank you for the HUGE wow-inducing compliment AND for visiting my blog. Where's yours? I can't wait to visit!

Maria Peters said...

June Cleaver has left the building. She was never here...can you tell my husband to stop looking for her??

Your blog is a sparkle in my day!

Addie said...

Non-June Cleavers of the 'burbs, UNITE! I think Garrett is still looking for June, too, so what we could do is send our hubbies out to search for her together, and then we could hit the nail salon. :-)

I'm glad you like the blog, and if you have half as much fun reading it as I do writing it, it's certainly worth it!