Vacation Day

Oh, the romance! The luxury! Who am I kidding? A day off from work can be a beautiful thing, even without romance and luxury.

Sometimes it's not the presence of swaying palms that makes the time special; it's the mere absence of the constant hassle and endless emergencies, even when those pressures are replaced by grocery runs, Costco trips, bank deposits, and laundry.

Case in point, I had no choice but to take a day off today, since I've gotten so behind in my household tasks and errands. Of course, the recent drama at work hasn't helped much, so on Wednesday I decided that a day off would be just the thing, and blurted out at the end of a meeting, "Hearing no objections, I'll be taking Friday off."

Response: "That's sudden. What's going on Friday?"

Me: "Nothing. I just need the day off to recover from recent employment-related threats to my mental health."

So, here I am, with a list of errands and a mountain of laundry. Strangely enough, it feels like a day on the beach.



7 comments:

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Enjoy! I totally understand.

Jen

Zan said...

Hope your having a great day off!!!

Leslie said...

Good for you !
I hope you enjoy it to the fullest, sometimes housework can be fun... Well, maybe not but, at least it is different.

KF-in-Georgia said...

My regular days off are usually Monday and Friday. Saturdays and Sundays are our busiest days.

You can imagine how delighted I was when the doctor told me this morning, "You can't possibly go to work tomorrow!" She gave me a note for two days off, so this is turning into a four-day weekend.

(It's bronchitis.)

curlygeek04 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi there! I was looking around for your contact information, but can't seem to find it! Would you please email me at my address when you get a chance? Thanks so much!

Addie said...

Sorry Loren, I wasn't able to get your email address from you profile, but you can email me at adriennehebb@yahoo.com.