Xena's #1 Fan

It's been a while since I've posted an embarrassing story about one of my kids, and I'm prepared to remedy the situation. This story came to mind the other day as I was driving home, and I determined to relate the tale without disclosing the identity of the child involved, who will hereafter be called Mr. X.

When Mr. X was roughly four or five, a television show by the name of Xena: Warrior Princess exploded onto the airwaves with a burst of leather-clad girl power. Xena had a hottie side-kick, a signature banshee-call, a bustier, and skirt with flaps like a gas station car wash. It was as mesmerizing as it was mediocre.

Except to Mr. X.

To Mr. X, there was nothing mediocre about it. Mr. X wouldn't miss an episode of Xena: Warrior Princess if he had anything to say about it, but I didn't think this was too unusual.

I didn't realize how much Mr. X loved Xena until one evening, when I walked into the living room to find Mr. X, clad in his little footie pajamas transfixed by his favorite show. Not seeing me behind him, he suddenly rose to his feet, shuffled across the floor, wrapped his fat little arms around the television, planted a big, long, wet kiss on the screen, and whispered, "I love you, Xena."

Needless to say, he hates that story as much as I love it. Now if he ever brings a girl home who looks remotely like Lucy Lawless, I'm sure I'll pee my pants.

8 comments:

Gerry said...

Too bad you didn't have a video camera going. That is the kind of stuff you want to show at his wedding reception ;-}

Gerry

Leslie said...

Oh, Lori aka Addie,

I knew who it was when you said, " Fat little arms" Smile
Cute little story !!
Glad to see you at 4:55 this morning. Have a great day. Love ya'
Mom

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Love it :-). I bet there are some good blogs out there written by moms.... the funny stories could be endless.

Jen

Alex said...

I'm with Gerry - too bad you did not have a video camera! I think you could have won some money with of that one on AFV- "America's Funniest home Videos". Exploiting your children's most embarrassing moments for financial gain- Isn't that what makes America great? ;-)
My v.word is "Cappowa"! A Zena sound effect word a la Batman ?

bosslady said...

I think I peed I laughed so hard. OMG! I know who it iiiis!

Zan said...

Great story Addie. ROFLMAO!!!

Michelle Andaya said...

Awww that is very cute and funny!

My two year old girl kisses my laptop screen when she sees something she likes. But she probably will until she gets old!

Life With Dogs said...

I'm not a parent, but is this anything like blaming farts on your dog?

Oh right, sure it's your kid who watches ;)