All Alone in the Big City

It's been an interesting week since Garrett and the boys have been out of town, leaving me (almost!) completely to my own devices. I say "almost" because I still have Bruno, the wonder greyhound, to keep me company. It's been interesting, relaxing, and boring all at once.

Here are the interesting things I've learned: #1 - One small woman creates about 10% of the trash and laundry created by a husband and two teenage boys. #2 - It is possible to live entirely on Lean Cuisine entrees for 5 days, something I'd always suspected but could never confirm.

As I mentioned, it's been relaxing. I've hung out in my pajamas, played with Bruno, drank Scotch and Soda, and I've generally done whatever I wanted to do. The house has stayed clean all week, and I haven't encountered my pet peeve, the dreaded "someone used all the toilet paper and left nothing but that naked cardboard tube to mock me at the worst possible moment" scenario. Nice!

It has been boring, though. I miss Garrett and the guys, and I can't wait for them to come back. Sure, I'll have to go to the grocery store and be on the lookout for disappearing toilet paper, but I wouldn't trade them in for the world. Sappy, huh?

No comments: